Spending your summer vacation close to home? Lucky you! You live in Waterloo! Gather your team, your family or come by yourself to compete in The Great Waterloo Staycation. Each week we will present a new leg of the race with fresh challenges to take on. Earn points, have fun, win prizes and best of all, have the best summer vacation right in your own backyard.
How It Works
To see our Great Waterloo Staycation challenges, join any one of our WPL Summer Reading Clubs. Once you register for a club, click the “Missions” tab and scroll down to discover new Great Waterloo Staycation activities every week starting July 20.
Click here to register for a WPL Summer Reading Club today.
Note: You don't have to participate in the regular summer reading club activities to take part in The Great Waterloo Staycation challenges.
What to Expect
- On Monday, July 20, the first activity in our Great Waterloo Staycation adventure will go live on ReadSquared.
- Each leg of the Great Waterloo Staycation will be open and available for you to play for 1 week.
- There are 5 legs to this journey. All with a different theme and a different way to experience Waterloo Region.
- Complete the challenges in each leg of this adventure for your chance to win a fabulous prize at the end of the summer.
- For each leg of the journey you complete, your team will be entered into a prize draw at the end of the summer.
Here's a sneak peek at the themes for each leg of the Great Waterloo Staycation
Adventure 1: July 20 - Uptown Mystery Walk
Adventure 2: July 27 - Wild Waterloo
Adventure 3: August 3 - Hit the Trails
Adventure 4: August 10 - Going on a Picnic
Adventure 5: August 17 - Farm to Table