The Waterloo Public Library accommodates individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process please contact Human Resources by phone 519-886-1310 ext. 164, TTY 1-866-786-3941, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loan PeriodsItemLoan PeriodLimit on # of this type borrowedAre renewals allowed (if the item isn't on hold)Are holds allowed on these items?Books3 weeksYesYesFastReads1 week2NoNoMagazines3 weeksYesYesCDs3 weeksYesYesRecorded Books3 weeksYesYesKits3 weeksYesYesDVDs1 weekYesYesDVDs – TV series2 weeksYesYesFastView4 days3NoNoBoard Games1 week2Yes
- Due dates for your borrowed items are listed on your checkout receipt and on My Account.
- You are responsible for returning or renewing borrowed items on time.
- Borrowed items can be returned to any of our Waterloo Public Library locations.
- You can choose to receive a courtesy email to
Membership at Waterloo Public Library is FREE to persons residing or owning property within the boundaries of the City of Waterloo and to persons residing in communities with whom Waterloo Public Library has reciprocal borrowing agreements (Region of Waterloo, County of Brant Public Library, Hamilton Public Library and, starting January 1, 2020, Guelph Public Library).
Welcome to the Waterloo Public Library, where your library card gives you full access to the library’s books, music, and DVD collections; eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital magazines & newspapers, online language and learning courses and much more.
Welcome to your library. Learn about our locations and hours, how to get your free membership, rent a room, book a computer, access our wireless, make a donation, volunteer and more.
Study rooms (at the John M. Harper Branch only) are available free of charge and are intended for non-commercial groups, individual study, training offered by English Language Learning, or community-based literacy agencies.
The larger study room accommodates up to 7 users. The two smaller rooms accommodate up to 3 users.
You will need a valid Waterloo Public Library card to book a public computer.
Reservations can be made up to one day in advance from any WPL location, from home, work or school – anytime and from anywhere that you have Internet access.
Click here to book a computer now.
Laser printing is available at all WPL locations.
christmas & new year's Hours 2019
- Sunday, December 22 - CLOSED
- Monday, December 23 - 9:30am to 9:00pm (excluding McCormick, which is CLOSED)
- Tuesday, December 24 - 9:30am to 1:30pm
- Wednesday, December 25 - CLOSED
- Thursday, December 26 - CLOSED
- Friday, December 27 - 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Saturday, December 28 - 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Sunday, December 29 - CLOSED
- Monday, December 30 - 9:30am to 9:00p