Public computer workstations and WiFi/Study seats can be reserved in advance and are also available to walk-in customers.
Computers can be reserved for 1 hour slots with a maximum of 2 hours per day at all locations. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
Main Library - WiFi/Study seats can be reserved for one 2-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
John M. Harper Branch & McCormick Branch - WiFi/Study seats can be reserved for one 1-hour slot per day. Bookings may be made 1 day in advance.
In accordance with the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library.
CLICK HERE to book a computer now
CLICK HERE to reserve a WiFi/Study seat now.
Programs available on public computers
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- Snipping Tool
- Customers will be provided with alcohol swabs to clean their computer screen, keyboard and mouse after use
- Washrooms are available
- Food is NOT allowed at the computer stations or WiFi/Study seats
- Drinks with lids are allowed
- Laptops and iPads will not be available for borrowing
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building
- In accordance with the Region of Waterloo's Face Covering By-law, masks must be worn while inside the library; view the Face Covering By-law for complete details
- Respect physical distancing and stay 6 feet apart
Before entering the library please ask yourself:
- Are you unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including fever, new cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with someone with a confirmed or probable COVID-19 diagnosis?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these, do NOT enter the library.
Learn more about Wireless Access @ WPL.
View WPL's Internet and Computer Use Policy.