Free WiFi (Wireless Internet Access)
WPL provides free WiFi at all locations.
To log on to the network with your wireless device, just follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your wireless device
- Enable your wireless adaptor
- Select SSID/network “WPLMAIN” or “WPLMCC” or “WPLHRP”
- Start your browser
- Accept the Waterloo Public Library Acceptable Use Policy
Once you accept the conditions for accessing the Internet at WPL, you will be taken to our homepage.
View our Internet & Computer Use Policy.
Borrow the Internet
NEW! Hotspots are now available for borrowing at all WPL locations. Hotspots are great for connecting to the internet anywhere you need it.
- Borrow a hotspot for 2 weeks at a time; 1 hotspot per library membership
- Borrowers must be 18 years of age or older
- Holds are allowed
- Renewals are not available
- Pickup and return hotspots at any WPL location
- Return the hotspots directly to staff. Do not return hotspots through returns chutes outside or inside the libraries
If you have questions, ask staff or phone 519-886-1310 ext. 110.
Print from your laptop computer when using the Library’s wireless.
Please note that Linux and Mobile Devices are not supported at this time.
You can easily connect to our printing system from your laptop computer and print to the Library’s printers.
- Verify your machine is up-to-date and that Java is installed & up-to-date
- Black & White prints are 15 cents per page
- Colour prints are 75 cents per page
- Each print job will expire at the end of the day that it is submitted
- You will be required to create a User ID to identify your job. This ID allows you to access your job at the Print Release Station.
Download the LPT:One Print Client
John M. Harper Branch
Installing via Internet Explorer
- Click Run to run the installer (clientlauncher.exe) from its current location. Internet Explorer displays a Security Warning dialog box.
- Click Run. The system installs the LPT: One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar.
Installing via Firefox
- Click Save File. The Installer (clientlauncher.exe) is shown in the Downloads Manager.
- Click Open to run the installer. Firefox displays the Open Executable File? Dialog box.
- Click OK. The system installs the LPT:One Print Client and minimizes to the taskbar
Closing the LPT:One Print Client
- Open the LPT:One Print Client by clicking on the button in the taskbar.
- Click Stop Print Client.
The LPT:One Print Client closes, and restores your previous default printer.
When you shutdown or log off your computer, the LPT:One Print Client will automatically close.